Submitted by John Allen, Iredell County Republican Party Chairman
I write to remind you that Thursday and Friday will probably be the last ever broadcasts of the “Rush Limbaugh show.” Former Congressman Jason Lewis is hosting today. I’m not sure who will host the last two shows.
Many of you are busy from 12 to 3 and may not have the time or interest to listen but I wish you would think about it.
I just consider it a closing of an era in our lives that is very significant, especially for conservatives. For many of you that are my elders, there are probably many others you remember even more with life and death significance. For me, the Challenger explosion, election of Clinton, death of Reagan, September 11, election of Obama, and last November‘s “steal,” we’re closing of good eras. Although we always have hope and faith that with grace and work we can help it get better. These are just mile markers in time.
Just consider how different our lives would be if Mr. Limbaugh was never around to take on the left? How different with our Party be?
1. Who could stand up to the Clinton’s in the 90s?
2. Who else so early on could push the Republicans to stay conservative and not go squishy?
3. Who publicly, would first take on liberal crazy ideas with logic?
4. Who helped the Newt Gingrich revolution in 1994 to take over the House +54 and Senate +8 to have both houses for the first time since 1952?
5. Who can make fun of the left any better with skits and songs?
6. Who paved the way for other conservative media to find a formula to be successful?
7. Where else could you get the real news early while you eat lunch?
8. Who else could make the Democrats spend so much more time and money during the Hillary versus Obama primary with “operation chaos?”
9. How many of us got good ideas and talking points to use with our friends and family because of the show?
It was so great in college to have a conservative voice to help counter the few liberals I had at NC state. i’m sure now it’s much worse.
How different will it be to not hear the opening music at 12:07 or the myriad of catchphrases he trademarked? I’m sure Buck Sexton and the guy I don’t know, will be great but just not the same, but we move on.
So if you have a few minutes, for old time sake, catch a few minutes from 12 to 3 on AM 1400 WSIC and remember Rush Limbaugh and how he helped us, what we learned and how we can help others.
I thank God for the talent he “loaned” Rush Limbaugh and how he helped our country and world to be better.