Statesville City crews are working throughout the City to pick up and haul the limbs and yard debris left from last week’s ice storm. The process will go a lot quicker if the guidelines for limb pick-up are followed:
- Limbs should be cut into lengths of three to four feet and placed on the curb.
- Limbs and branches more than ten inches in diameter should be placed in a separate pile on the curb.
- Do not mix leaves and limbs.
- Do not place large piles of debris under electric lines.
- Be considerate of traffic and pedestrians – streets and sidewalks should not be blocked if at all possible.
Scott Harrell, Interim Public Works Director, indicated that for the next two weeks, the $25 fee, usually charged for large amount of debris, will be waived for storm-related debris only.
This press release appears as received or obtained from the City of Statesville with the exception of page/text/space/paragraph/general formatting details. Picture placement also excluded. All pictures included with original release may not be shown here. Separate reports contained within the same press release may have also been removed. Additionally, the different pieces of the press release may have been re-arranged. Article title is not part of the press release. This information does, however, reflect the information received or obtained from the City of Statesville.