The Town of Davidson Planning Board will hold its regularly-scheduled monthly meeting on Monday, March 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm through a virtual platform (see below). For a preliminary agenda and accompanying materials, please see the town’s meeting agenda webpage. Note: Because the meeting was initially cancelled, the UNC School of Government advised that it be called by the board chair and be re-noticed as a Special Meeting; this complies with the Planning Board’s Rules of Procedure/Bylaws. This will still serve as the Planning Board’s regular monthly meeting; the agenda remains unchanged.
The Town of Davidson remains committed to providing an open, transparent public process even amidst the challenges we face due to the local and global health pandemic. The Board of Commissioners and town staff are working diligently to ensure operational continuity in these challenging and uncertain times. Holding this Planning Board meeting Monday serves two purposes:
1. It allows the town to pilot how a virtual platform and participation will work for commissioner, advisory board, and other public meetings;
2. It helps the town maintain consistency with the ordinance-required process initiated prior to the pandemic – specifically, by affording the Planning Board an opportunity to comment on the Local Historic District expansion proposal prior to the next Board of Commissioners’ meeting, per Davidson Planning Ordinance Section 14.19.
Amidst changing circumstances, the town is trying to honor the spirit of the public process that began months ago and resulted in a February public hearing.
As we move towards virtual meetings in the near term, the town aims to ensure public accessibility and participation. Please see below on how you may participate in this meeting if interested:
- For public access to view the meeting, register in advance at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_b2DjQYU9QciDo8uknWh2GA
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- We are also planning to live stream the meeting via YouTube on the Town of Davidson Channel
Comments: For comments, please send comments to the Planning Board liaison, Trey Akers, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments will be shared with the Planning Board Chair, who will read them at the appropriate point in the meeting. For the upcoming meeting, the only item allowing public comment concerns the Planning Board’s recommendation on the proposed Local Historic District expansion (see the agenda for details). Note: We request that comments be kept to the standard three-minute duration permitted for Board of Commissioner meetings. Generally, three-minutes is about 400 words.