On October 9, 2015, the Cornelius Police Department requested the public’s help in locating two suspects involved in recent break-ins in the area. Cornelius Police were searching for Djibril Sow (B/M DOB 08/03/1990) and an unknown second suspect. In the early morning hours of October 14, 2015, the suspects were arrested following a police chase involving the Mount Holly Police and Lincoln County Sheriff’s Departments.
Cornelius Police have charged Djibril Sow and Ahmed Bachir Amadou (B/M 09/25/1992), both of Charlotte, with 38 misdemeanor and felony counts in connection to multiple motor vehicle and home break-ins that occurred in the Peninsula community from September to early October 2015.
Sow and Amadou are each charged with:
- 7 counts of Felony Breaking & Entering Motor Vehicle
- 3 counts of Felony Conspiracy
- 2 counts of Felony 1st Degree Burglary
- 2 counts of Financial Transaction Card Fraud
- 2 counts of Misdemeanor Larceny
- 1 count of Felony Larceny
- Sow has also been charged with 1 count of Misdemeanor Financial Transaction Card Fraud and Amadou has been charged with 3 counts of Misdemeanor Financial Transaction Card Fraud.
Sow and Amadou are currently being held at the Gaston County Jail.
This press release appears as received from the Cornelius Police Department with the exception of page/text/space/paragraph/general formatting details. Picture placement also excluded. All pictures included with original release may not be shown here. Separate reports contained within the same press release may have also been removed. Additionally, the different pieces of the press release may have been re-arranged. This press release was posted at WSICfm.com after being received from the agency listed. Article title and picture captions may, or may not be, part of the press release. This information does, however, reflect the information received from the Cornelius Police Department.