Family of eight displaced by north Statesville fire

   

A family of eight was displaced Wednesday following a Kenhill Road house fire.

According to Statesville Fire Chief Spencer Lee, the fire is believed to have started in a laundry room. Crews from the Statesville and Monticello Fire Departments were able to control the fire within approximately ten minutes.

There were no injuries, however, fire fighters were checked by Iredell County EMS due to the heat and what is described as “extensive personal storage” inside the residence.

The Red Cross is assisting the family. Pictures below were submitted by the Statesville Fire Department.

Let everyone know about this