Two displaced after Harmony kitchen fire rekindles, destroys home

   

HARMONY, NC (WSIC) – Two Harmony residents are without their home after a kitchen fire rekindled early Thursday morning.

Firefighters were first called to the Kimmon Road address Wednesday afternoon. Assistant Iredell County Fire Marshal Josh Levan says the fire originated on the stove and caused extensive heat and smoke damage throughout the house, making it unlivable.

The fire rekindled between 3 and 4 a.m. Thursday. Levan says extensive contents inside the residence gave the fire additional fuel and made it difficult to fight. The tax value of the property is listed at approximately $50,000. The house is considered a total loss. Its two occupants are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Let everyone know about this