Smoke Alarm Saves Mooresville Family

Smoke Alarm Saves Mooresville Family

Fire Departments Gives Credit to Properly Working Alarm System 

Fire officials in Mooresville credit a working smoke alarm for saving the lives of a family, after food left cooking unattended on the stove caused a fire to occur yesterday in the Winslow Bay community. Dispatched at 1:17 a.m. to Comata Road, firefighters with Mooresville Fire-Rescue arrived just six minutes later to find the kitchen on fire with all occupants outside and uninjured. The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes and damage was limited to the kitchen.

Author: Kayla Wright