A man is in custody in Columbus, Georgia, in connection to four bank robberies in North Carolina and one store robbery in Charlotte. Patrick Alexander (5/23/1989) was taken into custody at Fort Benning, Georgia, on March 30, 2020, when he attempted to enter the installation. When Military Police ran his identification, which is standard procedure to enter a military installation, an active robbery warrant was discovered. Alexander is currently facing one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon related to the Charlotte convenience store robbery and one count of common law robbery for the Huntersville bank robbery. He is currently being held at the Muscogee County Jail in Columbus, Georgia.
Alexander is a suspect in the following robberies in North Carolina;
- December 13, 2019- BB&T Bank 16710 Northcross Drive, Huntersville;
- January 7, 2020- New Horizon Bank 6440 Wilkinson Boulevard, Belmont;
- January 7, 2020- Wells Fargo 403 Cox Road, Gastonia;
- January 16, 2020- BB&T Bank 100 Dana Road, Hendersonville; and
- January 23, 2020- Circle K 100 Red Roof Road, Charlotte.
The FBI, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, the Huntersville Police Department, the Belmont Police Department, the Gastonia Police Department, and the Hendersonville Police Department are continuing to investigate. Additional charges are likely. FBI Atlanta assisted in the investigation.