COVID-19 Drive-thru Testing Event-19 Drive-thru Testing Event
The Rowan County Public Health Department is conducting the first drive-thru COVID-19 testing event on June 1 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. For this first event, media partners are invited to observe and participate in a Q&A with a Health Department spokesperson.
- Drive-thru COVID-19 Testing
- West End Plaza; 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd W., Salisbury, NC 28147
- Every Monday in June; 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- During the first event on June 1, a Health Department spokesperson will be available for questions from 11-11:30 a.m. to answer questions and provide information.
- For safety considerations, members of the media will be limited to a designated area at the testing site.
Visit the Rowan County COVID-19 Testing webpage for more details about all testing locations, dates, and times.
$16 Billion in Financial Assistance for Specialty Crops Producers
Farmers and ranchers in Rowan County now have access to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP). The application deadline is August 28, 2020.
The USDA has established a call center to simplify how they serve new customers across the nation. More information about this process is available at the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program website or by calling 1-877-508-8364.
The Assistance Program provides direct payment to approved applicants who have “suffered a five-percent-or-greater price decline, or who had losses due to market supply chain disruptions due to COVID-19,” according to the USDA website.