Mass Gathering Restriction Reminder
Please remember that Governor Cooper’s Executive Order 121 prohibits any gathering of more than 10 people in one room or space (other than funerals which may gather no more than 50 people). We encourage events such as civic organization, educational group study sessions, and religious assemblies to utilize virtual means of organizing. These restrictions are specifically designed to limit the spread of Covid-19 and reduce the burden on our local hospitals and healthcare providers by reducing community spread of Covid-19.
Physical Distancing vs. Social Distancing
One of the best tools we have to slow the spread of COVID-19 has been globally referred to as social distancing. You may have seen a change in terminology due to the fact that we should be practicing physical distancing from others while staying socially connected. Social Distancing and Physical Distancing are interchangeable words. Fundamentally we are social beings and during this pandemic social isolation can impact all of us. Our goal should be to remain socially connected while maintaining the recommended safe physical distance.
Help Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
Please follow these steps to help protect yourself and others and reduce the spread of COVID-19
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
· Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
· Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
· Practice social distancing when you can, staying at least 6 feet away from others.
COVID-19 testing information
540 specimens submitted, 30 specimens have tested positive.
Of the 30 positive cases we have found the following:
· -13 of those were travel related and 17 were community acquired
· -7 patients have recovered, 5 are hospitalized, 1 deceased, and we continue to follow-up with 17 individuals.
· These results are from the NC State Laboratory of Public Health and all reporting hospital and commercial labs.