As we continue to navigate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, our first thought is for the safety and well-being of our families, children, clients and employees. At Children’s Home Society of NC (CHS), we provide families with the support and resources they need to be a forever family. In these unprecedented times, it is important that we come together.
In response to developments around COVID-19, CHS has assembled a Response Team to monitor updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and our state and local governments. And, as the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic rapidly evolves, our Response Team and Leadership Team are working hard to ensure our team has the information and materials needed to continue their work remotely as we continue to provide professional support and services to our clients, families and children while keeping our employees and communities safe.
We are following recommendations from federal, state and local authorities to help prevent the spread of the virus. While all of our employees are working remotely until April 30, per the Stay at Home direction provided by Governor Cooper, some of our employees are continuing to access our offices as needed while complying with the guidelines.
CHS serves 20,000 children, families and professionals each year across North Carolina and beyond. Our work is vitally important and will continue. Here are some of the changes and enhancements we have implemented to keep our employees, families and clients safe:
- All employees have been educated on COVID-19 symptoms, how to avoid spreading the virus and social distancing guidelines as directed by the CDC
- We have created a mailbox for questions related to CHS or COVID-19 COVID19info@chsnc.org
- We have enhanced cleaning procedures in our offices following CDC and public health guidance, and increased shipments of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes
- Installed signs at offices to promote healthy work standards according to the CDC guidelines
- We moved rapidly to establish remote-working opportunities for all staff and increased supports to aid social distancing
- As our specialists meet with hundreds of families and young people, we are using these sessions to reinforce health education around limiting the virus’ spread and help families access information related to COVID-19
- We are following state guidelines in accordance with all in-person visits and tele-visits. The vast majority of our work has moved to remote and virtual formats to limit in-person contacts.
- We have eliminated all non-essential travel and discouraged all group gatherings
- We have postponed and cancelled events and are developing ways to host events virtually in support of our mission
- We have created the chsnc.org/covid19-coronavirus-updates site with updates and resources for navigating the COVID-10 virus
Safety is our top priority.
We will continue to monitor developments and will update our response and guidelines to best meet the needs of our families, children, clients and employees. Please send your questions or comments to COVID19info@chsnc.org.
We appreciate your continued support of Children’s Home Society of North Carolina in the days ahead and always.
Stay safe and be well.
Children’s Home Society of NC