PHOTO: Jacob Wingate (on the truck) and Sly Imes were busy Friday trying to catch up on the yard waste collection.
It’s business as usual in the Sanitation Division. All services are operating; that includes garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulk item pick-up. Due to the increased amount of spring yard work and the tree damage caused by recent storms, yard waste crews have more work than usual. Hopefully, we will be back on schedule after next week.
Crews are using extra safety precautions while working and are asking the public to practice social distancing if you need to speak with a worker on duty.
SANITATION UPDATE – THINGS TO KNOW:
Garbage pick-up is on a regular schedule. Crews are going out earlier which means residents should put their carts on the curb the night before. Garbage items should be tied up in bags inside the cart.
Recycling is on a regular schedule. You can see what week it is on the website calendar (homepage). This might be a good time to register for the Hello Statesville Sunday night calls at 704-878-3583. As a reminder, the City is no longer collecting glass items for recycling. Please dispose of them with your trash. Do not place your recyclables in plastic bags.
Yard Waste collection is continuing. Crews have gotten behind due to the large amount of yard work and storm debris being placed on the curb. Typically, yard waste is picked up the same day as your regular garbage.
Important to remember;
- Limbs must be 4 ft. in length or less. And the pile of yard debris should be no larger than 2 cubic yards (3’x3’x3’)
- It is helpful for yard debris to be placed in a large container.
- Place debris on the curb, not in the street, and away from power lines, low hanging limbs and other obstacles.
- Leaves must be placed in a bag.
- The City will pick up appliances (not TVs and computers)
- The City doesn’t pick up construction debris
- If you have a professional landscaper/tree trimmer do the work, they are responsible for hauling off the debris.
For information or assistance, call 704-878-3415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.