Picture courtesy of the Davidson Police Department via Facebook
DAVIDSON, N.C. – The Davidson Police Department has kicked off its annual Angel Tree Program, a tradition which spans more than twenty years.
“We are able to continue this program because of the generosity and care of the Davidson Police Department, Davidson residents, local centers of worship, and Davidson businesses who support us in this endeavor,” said Chief of Police Penny Dunn.
Beginning on November 19, when the tree goes up in the town hall lobby, residents are invited to stop by during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) and during Christmas in Davidson (December 5, 6, and 7 from 6:00-9:00 p.m.) and choose one or more holiday “ornaments” from the tree. The tree ornaments/tags have anonymous information on the child’s age, gender, and interests. Clothing sizes are also included if you wish to purchase those items too.
How to participate:
- Come to Davidson Town Hall and select one or more ornament tags from the Angel Tree before the tags disappear.
- Register the tag and your contact information in the registration book at the tree. This is required. Include your complete contact information so we can track the gift from the giver to the recipient and ensure nothing gets lost or forgotten. Gifts will be anonymous.
- Purchase gift(s) and return them unwrapped to the Davidson Police Department. Please make sure the ornament tag is securely fastened to the gift for tracking purposes. There is no need to spend more than $50 – the suggestions on the ornament tags are “dreams,” not requests for everything. We do not accept used stuffed animals, toys or bicycles.
- Return all gifts to the Davidson Police Department by Friday, December 13th to ensure they arrive on time.
- Join us for a wrapping party at 251 South Street on Sunday, November 24 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. and/or on Wednesday, December 4 from 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. Other dates will be announced if needed.
- Help police officers and staff distribute gifts to families on December 19 from 10:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m., leaving from 251 South Street. Families with transportation difficulties can contact the police department to discuss a drop off if needed.
Not interested in shopping but want to help? The Davidson Police Department also accepts monetary donations to purchase gifts and gift cards for children and families in need.
For more information on the Angel Tree, please call 704-892-5131 or visit us atwww.townofdavidson.org/angeltree.
This press release appears as received from the Town of Davidson with the exception of page/text/space/paragraph/general formatting details. Picture placement also excluded. All pictures included with original release may not be shown here. Separate reports contained within the same press release may have also been removed. Additionally, the different pieces of the press release may have been re-arranged. This press release was posted at WSICfm.com after being received from the agency listed. Article title and picture captions may, or may not be, part of the press release. This information does, however, reflect the information received from the Town of Davidson.