For the first time in recent history, the City of Statesville will close its offices on November 11th in recognition of the Veterans Day Holiday. City Council approved the paid holiday for city employees back in May. There will be no garbage collection on that day.
The revised schedule for the week of November 11-15 is as follows:
- Monday’s route will run on Tuesday
- Tuesday and Wednesday routes will run Wednesday
- Thursday and Friday routes will operate on the same schedule
The revised schedule for commercial businesses with garbage cans or rollout containers is:
- Monday and Tuesday routes will be collected on Tuesday
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday routes will run on a regular schedule
The Statesville Fitness & Activity Center will be closed on Veterans Day.
The Statesville ABC Stores will be open on November 11th.