On Friday, July 12, 6-10pm, the 2nd Friday Street Festival will return to Old Town Cornelius (OTC) at Oak Street Mill with beer vendors, food trucks, artisans, crafters, local businesses, and, of course, a concert from one of the region’s premiere bands, making it the area’s best after-work, family-friendly, weekend kick-off celebration!
The streets of Old Town come alive as this festival features a culture crawl of all-local participants, highlighting the abundance of unique talents that resides right here in our area. Cornelius Cultural Arts Group hosts this monthly event, produced by Bella Love Inc., which runs from May-October on the 2nd Friday of each month.
Here is some of what is in store this month:
- Live Concert from Moses Jones and the Dirty Southern Soul, the recipient of the 2017 BEST Country Group of the Year award at the Queen City Music Awards, and 2017 Carolina Country Music Festival Battle of the Bands winner which took place in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Dirty Southern Soul is….
“When we’re asked what type music we play,” says Moses Jones songwriter and guitarist Robert Johnson, “Dirty Southern Soul just seems to sum it up. It’s music that has been created here. The soul of music was created in the south. It has as much personality and meaning as this red clay I’m standing on.”
“Dirty,” he continues, “IS the South. It’s hot and grimy. ‘Southern Soul’ harkens back to Duane Allman and his belief that the songs being birthed in Muscle Shoals Alabama were true to the very root of Southern music.”
- Dozens of local artisans, crafters, and businesses will be on hand. Expect everything from homemade candles and dog treats to fine art, original paintings and photography, locally thrown ceramics, unique jewelry, and fashion, up-cyled wearables and trendy mobile boutiques. Many local small businesses and community groups will have booths as well.
- Live interactive and collaborative painting from Heather Be will be available through a silent auction to benefit Cornelius Cultural Arts Group.
- Imusination (ee-mus-i-nation)—a blend of supercharged interactive experiences empowering families to connect by exploring the peaks of possibility—will take the main stage. Imusination is imagination, music, and amusement in concert! Check out the Imusination Facebook Page for videos of this immersive, one-of-a-kind experience.
- Who doesn’t love some good food and drink? Eleven Lakes Brewing Co, Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, and Red Clay Ciderworks will be pouring some tasty craft beverages, with additional beer and wine options available indoors at KadiFit. Food truck lineup includes Mambo on Rudeus, Scratch Kitchen, Taco Green Go and Clean Juice. Snacks and treats from Snowie Shaved Ice, Queen Bee Treats, Poppin’ Hot Kettle Corn, What the Fluff Cotton Candy and more!
• Kids Zone sponsored by Love Lake Norman with recreations, crafts, give-a-ways, inflatables and plenty of action for the entire family.
This community event would not be possible without the support of our many sponsors including our Platinum and Gold Sponsors:
- LKN Hyundai, Lake Norman Infinity, WSIC Radio, Lake Norman Realty
Cornelius Cultural Arts Group is a nonprofit whose mission is to harness the power of the arts through events and initiatives that connect community, celebrate diverse culture, promote creative expression and enhance the quality of life in Cornelius and the surrounding Lake Norman region.
2nd Friday Street Festival is organized and promoted by Bella Love, Inc., a Cornelius-based company that specializes in community engagement through events, artist development, and marketing.
This press release appears as received from the Town of Cornelius with the exception of page/text/space/paragraph/general formatting details. Picture placement also excluded. All pictures included with original release may not be shown here. Separate reports contained within the same press release may have also been removed. Additionally, the different pieces of the press release may have been re-arranged. This press release was posted at WSICfm.com after being received from the agency listed. Article title and picture captions may, or may not be, part of the press release. This information does, however, reflect the information received from the Town of Cornelius.